Not for distribution to United States Newswire Services or for dissemination in the United States
Vancouver, B.C. – June 12, 2023 - MTB Metals Corp. (“MTB” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: MTB, OTCQB: MBYMF, Frankfurt: M9U) is pleased to announce that the Company has closed the second and final tranche of the non-brokered private placements for Flow Through and Non-Flow Through Units, as announced on May 4th. The two tranches total to $2,031,991. The funds will be used primarily for exploration on MTB’s Telegraph property in the Golden Triangle of British Columbia.
Lawrence Roulston, CEO, stated: “We are grateful for the strong support for this financing, which raised more than the initial target. MTB is now well funded for work on the Telegraph copper-gold porphyry. The geological team are now preparing for the field season, which will focus on drilling on the Dok Trend.”
Flow Through Offering
MTB raised gross proceeds of $1,531,389 from the sale 11,779,918 flow through units (the “FT Units”). Each FT Unit consists of one common share of the Company to be issued as a “flow-through share” within the meaning of the Income Tax Act (Canada) (each, a “FT Share”) and one common share purchase warrant (each whole warrant, a “FT Warrant”). The price of each FT Unit is $0.13. Each FT Warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one common share of the Company at a price of $0.18 for a period of 24 months, expiring on May 26, 2025 for the first tranche and on June 12, 2025 for the second tranche.
Non-Flow through Offering
In addition, MTB also closed a non-brokered private placement of 4,171,684 units (“Units”) at $0.12 per Unit for gross proceeds of $500,602. Each Unit consists of one common share and one common share purchase warrant (a “Warrant”). Each Warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one common share of the Company at a price of $0.18 for a period of 36 months, expiring on May 26, 2026 for the first tranche and on June 12, 2026 for the second tranche.
A total of $133,034 finder’s fees were paid in cash and the Company also issued 1,045,804 finder’s warrants. Each finder’s warrant entitles the holder to purchase one common share of the Company at a price of $0.12 for a period of 36 months, expiring on May 26, 2026 for the first tranche and on June 12, 2026 for the second tranche.
All securities are subject to a four month hold period expiring on September 27, 2023 for the first tranche and on October 13, 2023 for the second tranche.
The gross proceeds from the issuance of the FT Shares will be used to incur resource exploration expenses which will constitute “Canadian exploration expenses” as defined in subsection 66.1(6) of the Income Tax Act and "flow through mining expenditures" as defined in subsection 127(9) of the Income Tax Act (the “Qualifying Expenditures”), which will be renounced with an effective date no later than December 31, 2023 to the purchasers of the FT Units in an aggregate amount not less than the gross proceeds raised from the issue of the FT Shares. If the Qualifying Expenditures are reduced by the Canada Revenue Agency, the Company will indemnify each subscriber of FT Units for any additional taxes payable by such subscriber as a result of the Company’s failure to renounce the Qualifying Expenditures.
The securities offered have not been, and will not be, registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any U.S. state securities laws, and may not be offered or sold in the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, United States persons absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the U.S. Securities Act and applicable U.S. state securities laws. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in the United States, nor in any other jurisdiction.
MTB has six active projects spanning 670 square kilometres (67,587 hectares) in the prolific Golden Triangle of northern British Columbia. With the focus on the Telegraph project, discussions are now underway leading to joint ventures and/or spinouts of other projects.
- Telegraph is located in the vicinity of 4 world-class porphyry deposits being advanced by major mining companies: Galore (Teck / Newmont), Schaft (Teck), Saddle (Newmont) and the operating Red Chris copper-gold mine (Newcrest / Imperial Metals). Field work by MTB on its 310 square kilometre property, together with earlier results, provides compelling evidence for the presence of one or more porphyrys similar to others in the area.
- The American Creek project is centered on the historic Mountain Boy silver mine. The project is road accessible and 20 km from the deep-water port of Stewart. There are multiple silver, gold and copper occurrences on the property, including a 2006 drill hole that encountered 5 kgs of silver over 5 metres.
- Red Cliff is a past producing gold and copper mine in which the Company holds a 35% interest.
- On the BA property, 182 drill holes have outlined a substantial zone of silver-lead-zinc mineralization located 4 km from the highway. Several targets with high-grade silver potential remain to be tested. Surprise Creek, to the north, hosts the same prospective stratigraphy.
- On the Theia project, work by MTB and previous explorers has outlined a silver bearing mineralized trend 500 metres long, highlighted by a 2020 grab sample that returned 39 kg per tonne silver (1,100 ounces per ton). Two other zones on the property produced copper values over 5%.
- Southmore is in the midst of some of the largest deposits in the Golden Triangle. It was explored in the 1980s through the early 1990s and was overlooked until MTB consolidated the property and carried out airborne geophysics and field work which confirmed several zones of gold and copper, with values up to 20% copper and 35 g/t gold.
On behalf of the Board of Directors:
President & CEO
For further information, contact:
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
This news release may contain certain "forward looking statements". Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this news release and, except as may be required by applicable securities laws, the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise.